Dr. Laura Devlin Bacon
Our next veterinary spotlight shines on Dr. Laura Bacon from Knoxville, Tennessee (our first vet in Tennessee).
|Dr. Laura and Gracie|
Dr. Laura was born and raised on a large farm with a marina in Hancock's Bridge, New Jersey. She now resides in Knoxville with her hubby and two boys ages 2.5 yrs and 6 months.
She also has some furry children.
- Gracie - An Exuberant Black Labrador Retriever who loves life!
- Calaloo - An independent Black and White cat
- Yellow Cat - a Cat who thinks he's a Dog
She earned her undergrad degree from Ursinus College in Collegeville, PA and went to vet school at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine.
Her favorite breeds are medium and large breed retriever mixes - pound pups. And if she could own an exotic animal - it would be exotic chickens!
Dr. Bacon enjoys Spending time with family, competitive cycling, running, hiking, reading, gardening, and travel.
The favorite part of being a vet for Dr. Bacon is the simple act of helping an animal in need. "My job is my life's purpose - to be an advocate for those creatures who do not have a voice of their own." she says.
Dr. Bacon has always wanted to be a vet, but if she could be something else.... maybe a professional athlete....or a world traveler.... a wildlife photographer or a Dolphin and Manatee Veterinarian!
- When Dr. Bacon was young, she spent time with her Grandfather helping him make a living through crabbing and fishing, and worked on the family farm.
- The oddest animals she has fostered include a turkey vulture and Fred the opossum.
- She has a certificate in microvascular surgery from Emory Medical School.
- She worked for a biotech company in Atlanta preparing human tissue for transplant for two years before attending veterinary school.
- She love manatees and the beach
- She is crazy about her husband and two boys and our furry animal babies.
- She met Betty White when she was a Ballard Scholar for Morris Animal Foundation.
- She loves chocolate!
- Dr. Laura and Sydney (her yellow lab mix and best friend who passed last year) spent a summer out west together, and even hiked Pike's Peak.
- In the midst of collecting National Park Patches for our sons, and hopes to visit all the US National Parks before they are 18.
- She loves to read
- She'd like to Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail and bike across the US in the future.
Read more - or contact Dr. Bacon.....
Dr. Bacon services the Greater Knoxville Area, including Farragut, Lenoir City, Oak Ridge, Clinton, Luttrell, Maryville, Sevierville, and Dandridge.